It’s official: we’re ‘outstanding’!
Staff, governors, pupils and parents are celebrating after Eden Boys’ School, Preston was judged to be ‘outstanding’ in every category in our first Ofsted inspection.
Ofsted visited our school in early May. The inspectors’ report commends the school for how well we care for pupils, the exceptional academic progress they make and the personal development opportunities from which our pupils benefit.
School leaders and governors were praised for their passion and commitment to “securing the very best outcomes for all pupils, irrespective of their background”. Inspectors added that “they have created a culture where extremely high standards are ‘the norm’”.
Key findings of Ofsted’s report include:
- “Leaders have ensured that a strong culture of ambition and resilience permeates every aspect of school life. Pupils are highly motivated and excel in their ”
- “Pupils, including disadvantaged pupils and the most able pupils, make exceptional rates of progress across subjects and year groups. They benefit from a broad and balanced curriculum and they are well prepared for life in modern Britain.”
- “Pupils enjoy school. Their remarkably low rates of absence place the school in the top 1% of schools nationally for rates of pupil ”
- “Pupils aspire to be the best they can be. They are clear about what they want to do when they leave school and they aim high.”
- “Leaders’ aspirational approach for pupils promotes an ambitious culture.”
- “High-quality teaching allows pupils to make exceptional rates of progress across the curriculum.”
- “Through the ‘STAR’ values, pupils learn about the importance of service by volunteering in their local community.”
- “Pupils have plenty of opportunities to develop their leadership capabilities.”
- “Parents are overwhelmingly supportive of the school. Leaders establish strong relationships with parents from the very beginning.”
- “Disadvantaged pupils and those pupils who have SEN and/or disabilities achieve equally as well as their peers in school.”
Alyson Middlemass, our Principal, said:
“It was extremely pleasing to receive the news that our school has been recognised as ‘outstanding’ in our first Ofsted inspection since opening. We have all worked so hard towards this, and this grading is a result of the excellent practice which is present within our school community every day.
“We are very proud of the report, especially the volume of comments regarding the high aspirations of our pupils and the enjoyment they experience when attending school. It’s also very satisfying to hear such high praise for our fantastic staff, who care so passionately about both the academic and personal development of all pupils.”
Imraan Patel, Chair of Governors, added:
“This report is truly exceptional and serves as evidence of the immensely high standards embedded within Eden Boys’ School, Preston. We had a vision for school from the very beginning where pupils would strive to be the best they can be, and it is wonderful that it is being realised. Additionally, the school is a place pupils enjoy being a part of, as our position in the top 1% of schools in England for attendance testifies.
“The inspectors noted the knowledge and skills available to them through the support of the Governing Body, and we will strive to continue supporting the school in the way that we have been doing.”
Click here to read the full Ofsted report.
Added By: Eden Boys' School, Preston | Date Added: 21st Jun 2018 | Posted In: Latest News